Thursday, February 25, 2010

An abridged list

I know a girl who wears a baby doll's head on a necklace

I know a girl who is freaked out by the oil in organic peanut butter

I know a girl who loved star trek more than she loved me

I know a girl whose father committed suicide when she was still a child

I know a girl who is legitimately comparable to a Succubus (in how she treated all of us)

I know a girl who lies about everything but people seem to like her anyway

I know a girl who is smarmy and entertaining, but she always puts up a wall

I know a girl who is half my size with 10 times the business sense

I know a girl whose Mom got upset if she found her deck of Tarot cards

I know a girl who had her face next to a lover's phallus as her cellphone wallpaper

I know a girl who swims through books and dreams in essays

I know a girl who doesn't take shit from anyone (talking and dressing like a tomboy)

I know a girl who burps in public and considers macaroni and cheese her specialty

I know a few girls with children, they seem rather happy

I've known a lot of girls, but what I don't know about them is infinitely trumped
by the pieces of themselves they revealed to me. Thank you for those, they've been
insightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment